To access the recording of our information session on this program, aired December 6, 2016, click here.
This 1-year, online internship/residency program is designed primarily for nutrition professionals who aspire to build strong clinical skills and experience, as well as expand their knowledge through collaboration with thought leaders and experts in Functional Nutrition. The program also provides supervised practice hours for those working towards CNS certification.
- Masters or Doctorate level nutrition degree, OR
- MS Nutrition students who have completed a minimum of 4 program trimesters
- Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) Certified Practitioner OR candidate for certification OR demonstrated commitment to IFM education
- Ability to work and succeed independently, strong work ethos and drive to progress
- Interested in ultimately working in a Functional Medicine/Nutrition practice
- Passionate about Functional Medicine/Nutrition
- Total length 1 year. NEW start dates: September and April.
- This is a virtual internship, with all work completed remotely
- Requires a minimum commitment of 18 hours per week
- Allowing for 4 weeks’ vacation, the program provides approximately 850 supervised practice hours; it is up to each participant to track and ensure they are on target for fulfilling those hours
- Audit track: for those who are not seeking direct clinical experience or CNS hours, there is an option to audit the program (scroll down for more info)
Upon completion of the residency program, participants will be well-trained in the implementation of nutrition plans at all levels of complexity, and strongly positioned to work as part of a collaborative clinic team in the functional medicine/functional nutrition industry. They will also have the opportunity to apply for work within the office of Dr. Kara Fitzgerald or our affiliate nutrition services platform, Functional Nutrition Partners.
The program is run through the clinic of Kara Fitzgerald, ND and managed by:
- Kara Fitzgerald ND (supervisor)
- Romilly Hodges MS CNS CN (program management and administration)
- Lara Zakaria RPh, MS, CNS, CN (program management and administration)