Darisa Espinal, ND, MS, received her doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine at the University of Bridgeport. She earned her BS in Biology from the University of Hartford and completed her Master of Science in Human Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport. She is currently licensed as a naturopathic physician in the State of Connecticut. Dr. Espinal has additional training in EMS as an EMT from Hartford Hospital. She anticipates her successful completion in functional medicine as an IFMCP in the year 2022.
For almost a decade, Dr. Espinal worked at a chiropractic clinic where she was introduced to naturopathic and functional medicine. There she saw how a multidisciplinary medical practice with chiropractic care, functional medicine, massage therapy, and acupuncture complemented each other to treat the whole person. As she moved through the different stages of her clinical rotations, she discovered an interest in men’s health, women’s health, urological conditions, and nutrition.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology from University of Hartford
- Master of Science in Human Nutrition from University of Bridgeport
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine from University of Bridgeport
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner, degree anticipated 2022
- Instructor at American Institute of Healthcare and Technology Education
- Institute for Functional Medicine
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Licensed in Connecticut