MDL-approved supplements are here! After many requests from those of you adopting the Methylation Diet & Lifestyle program, Dr. Fitzgerald is thrilled to announce the launch of her MDL-approved supplement line. These are cornerstone Functional Medicine products for us in our quest to support whole-body, healthy epigenetic expression and metabolic methylation.
MDL Golden Infusion is derived from a centuries-old recipe for golden milk that contains therapeutic spices – turmeric (as a highly bioavailable form of curcumin), ginger, cinnamon, pepper, cardamom and moringa – known to favorably balance epigenetic DNA methylation. These are the “MDL adaptogens” that intelligently modulate gene expression. This is a great-tasting and convenient way to add these powerful nutrients into your daily food routine.
Science now shows that our genes are not our destiny, as was once thought. In fact, we have the ability to change the pattern of our genetic output through the environment we provide. That ‘environment’ is determined directly by our dietary and lifestyle choices. These choices provide (or create) signaling molecules interact with the regulatory layer that sits above our genes through a mechanism which science calls ‘epigenetics.’ Epigenetics has been a fast-growing field of research ever since the mapping of our genome at the turn of this century.
One example of the power of epigenetics can be seen when we look at the history of breast cancer risk with the BRCA gene mutation. BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations are, today, very closely associated with breast and ovarian cancer; having those genes increases the lifetime risk of those cancers by over 82%. However, if you turn back the clock to 1940, the lifetime risk of cancer if you had a BRCA gene mutation was only 24%. Clearly, it isn’t the genes that have changed since then, but their environment.
Dr. Moshe Szyf, who has published over 200 scientific papers on epigenetics states: “Even in these cases (of BRCA mutations), a good epigenetic strategy might overcome that, because BRCA1 also has to go through epigenetics. So in the end, manipulating the epigenome is worthwhile.” If you haven’t already, I encourage you to listen to my podcast with Dr. Szyf here.
Epigenetic support can help optimize how the rest of our 20,000 genes express too.
Supplement Facts (per serving):
- Calories: 50
- Total carbohydrate: 3 g
- Sugars: 1 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Fats: 3 g (2.5 g saturated fat)
- Sodium: 10 mg
- Proprietary blend (7.95 g): Organic coconut milk powder, hydrolyzed collagen, organic turmeric rhizome powder, organic cinnamon bark powder, organic horseradish tree (Moringa oleifera) leaf powder, organic ginger rhizome powder, organic Indian cardamom fruit powder, and organic black pepper fruit powder.
- Proprietary blend (50 mg): Curcumin [from Curcuma longa L. rhizome extract standardized to 40% (20 mg) curcuminoids] and Fenugreek Galactomannans (from Trigonella foenum-graecum seed extract). Curcumen is CurQfen®, a registered trademark of Akay Flavours & Aromatics Pvt.
- Other ingredients: Organic cane sugar and Luo Han Guo fruit (monk fruit) extract.
- Servings per container: 30
- Directions: Mix one scoop (9 g) with 4 to 6 ounces of hot water, warm milk, or warm almond or coconut milk and drink.
- Storage: Keep tightly closed in a cool, dry place.
- Caution: Consult your healthcare practitioner if pregnant, nursing, or taking other nutritional supplements or medications. Keep this product out of the reach of children. Do not use if safety seal is missing or broken.
- Allergens: Tree nuts (coconut).
- This product is non-GMO and gluten-free.
To truly MASTER YOUR GENES and optimize healthy methylation, we recommend using supplements in conjunction with a comprehensive dietary and lifestyle plan. We recommend the following resources to assist with all aspects of healthy epigenetic expression and methylation:
- Methylation Diet & Lifestyle eBook – a review of the need to change how we approach methylation support for healthy methylation and epigenetic expression
- EVERYDAY MDL: Recipes for the Methylation Diet & Lifestyle Program for Optimal Genetic Expression – contains double the number of recipes as the Methylation Diet & Lifestyle eBook plus guidelines for dietary implementation and food choices.
- MDL Implementation Toolkit – practical resources for implementing the dietary and lifestyle aspects of the MDL program. Includes the protocol used in our clinical trial.
Notice: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Note: Domestic shipping is free.