Tomato Cauliflower Rice
It’s not long until we have an abundance of summer squash, but it’s always a good time to make zucchini-banana muffins! This recipe is suitable for an elimination diet or certain food sensitivities since it contains no gluten, dairy or eggs. It also makes a healthier alternative to store-bought muffins!
- 1 banana Over-ripe and mashed well
- 2 Cups Grated zucchini
- 3/4 Cup Applesauce
- 1/3 Cup Granulated sugar Organic, unrefined
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tsp Vanilla
- 3 Cups Gluten-free flour I used Namaste's flour blend from Costco
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- Pinch Nutmeg
- Pinch Cloves
- 1 Tsp salt
- Set the oven to 350F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners, or grease well with olive oil.
- Combine all the ‘wet’ ingredients in a medium mixing bowl: the banana, zucchini, applesauce, sugar, olive oil, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Separately, thoroughly combine the ‘dry’ ingredients in a large mixing bowl: flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well. Scoop about 1/4 -1/3 cup of the mixture into each muffin cup. Bake for 20-30 minutes until just beginning to brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack before storing.
- These can be frozen if needed and defrosted individually for breakfast or a tasty snack!