Tomato Cauliflower Rice
Versatile One-Pan Veggies recipe is from Janine Henkel, MS, CNS, CN, one of our resident nutritionists. With today’s busy lifestyle, basic principles of a healthy diet can get easily lost to other priority tasks. Janine ensures that meals are based on simple, practical and delicious recipes, which motivates even the busiest professional, parent or those who say, “I can’t cook!” Click here to learn more about Janine.
- Try riced Brussel sprouts or riced broccoli. Or use a combination of all three.
- Mix up your greens! Swap spinach with finely chopped arugula, collards, kale, swiss chard, dandelion and mustard greens.
- Make it a meal! add 2-3 oz of organic liver with the garlic and onion. Or add 2-3 organic, free-range eggs once the cauliflower is tender. Continue to cook for 3 minutes then add spinach or greens of choice.
- Omit the ghee and replace with ½ cup organic bone broth. Once veggies are fully cooked and pan is removed from heat source, finish with 2+ tbsp olive oil. Mix well.
- Don’t overheat! High heat can oxidize and damage oils, creating free radicals.
|Versatile One-Pan Veggies|
Versatile One-Pan Veggies
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 Onion diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 2 cups spinach finely chopped or chiffonade
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat a large skillet or wok over low-medium heat. Add the ghee and allow it to melt.
- Add the garlic and onion. Stir intermittently until translucent.
- Add the cauliflower rice. Stir intermittently for 5-10 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.
- Add the spinach and stir until just wilted. Remove from heat.
- Add in the turmeric and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe — cauliflower rice with spinach — in no way resembles the dish in the picture, which has red and yellow as well as multiple green vegetables! Was there an error?
No, we don’t always have usable photos of the recipes, so we make use of the next best thing.
Not the best thing…disappointing!