In January, I began with Dr. Fitzgerald, Romilly, and Rhonda. My symptoms were Hypersensitivity to foods, weight gain which I have not been able to lose for over 10 years, extreme fatigue, autoimmune of the thyroid, and that was only some of my issues! After extensive blood work, I was placed on a very restrictive food plan. When I continued to have severe reactions, the plan became even more restrictive. I chose to send weekly food journals to Romilly in order for her to discern the cause of the reactions. However, by making these journals after every meal, I began to see where problems were and sometimes was able to correct issues almost immediately. It is now 6 months since I began and I am slowly able to re-introduce some foods without problems, my weight loss has cooperated, and my energy is almost back to normal.
From my experience, I would like to share some steps I took which helped in the process.
- Please give Dr. Fitzgerald and Romilly the chance to help you, by helping yourself. Follow what they recommend (food, supplements, etc.) ! You are paying for their advise, so following it is a good use of your hard earned money!
- Keep a food journal, even if it is not requested. You will begin to notice similarities in intake and body response. I have really begun to learn my body through this process and thought in the past that I knew my body well. (I simply jotted down on a paper what I ate and put it on my computer when I had time….or print out a journal and jot it down as you go)
- If you cheat (or deviate as Romilly prefers), be honest with yourself and with them. They will not reprimand, but deviating from the plan, and your response to that deviation, is as important as staying true to the recommendations. (Just try to keep your deviations at a minimum)
- Be patient. (Easier said than done) There is light at the end of the tunnel. I see mine! It may take a long time, but just remember, it took a long time to get where you were when you sought treatment.
- Keep positive. Does it seem like a LONG time until you will be healed? Let me ask you, what is a few months (6, 18, 24) compared to the rest of your life?
I live in a very small town with minimal organic items available and NO clean meats. I have to drive 2 hours to get proper selections. The foods that were on my approved list could be typed in 2 columns on a piece of paper, not categories, but actual items. Even with the limitations, I was able to stick with the restrictions. When I thought I had ‘had enough’, I would remind myself the positive changes I had seen in body, emotions, mindset, every area. Knowing I did not want to go backward, I would be encouraged to continue on.
Dr. Fitzgerald, Romilly, and Rhonda are knowledgeable, thorough, caring, and encouraging. I feel so blessed to have found their clinic from Texas. This is the best investment I have made in my health.