Romilly Hodges, MS CNS CN IFMCP, holds a Master’s Degree in Functional Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport, CT, and is certified by the Institute for Functional Medicine, the Board for Certification of Nutrition Specialists and the State of Connecticut.
Her approach is firmly rooted in a love of good-tasting food, complemented by helping individuals find practical and enjoyable ways to reach their wellness potential.
Romilly is experienced in the implementation of many diets, including complex, multi-layered, and customized eating plans for adults, children and families. Her approach is firmly rooted in a love of good-tasting food, complemented by helping individuals find practical and enjoyable ways to reach their wellness potential.
One of her goals is to enhance the accessibility of Functional Medicine and Nutrition for the general population, and so in addition to her work with individuals she also mentors the next generation of Functional Nutritionists and co-manages the implementation of training programs for other new Functional Medicine practitioners.
Romilly is trained and certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) and Board for the Certification of Nutrition Specialists (BCNS), She is currently an examination item writer for the BCNS. Romilly has contributed to advancing professional understanding of food and health through various publications (below). She has also served as teaching assistant to Dr. Deanna Minich, PhD, for the Certified Food and Spirit Practitioner Program and the Food and Spirit Advanced Detoxification Module, which are designed for professionals and incorporate both evidence-based nutrition and holistic wellbeing.
List of Achievements
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (IFMCP)
- Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS)
- Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist by the State of Connecticut
- Master of Science in Functional Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport, CT
- Examination item writer for the Board for the Certification of Nutrition Specialists (BCNS)
- Lead author and researcher for Hodges, R. & Minich, D. Modulation of Metabolic Detoxification Pathways Using Food and Food-Derived Components: A Scientific Review with Clinical Application. Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism. June 2015
- Contributing author to Sinatra, S. & Houston, M. (eds). 2015. Nutritional and Integrative Strategies in Cardiovascular Medicine. ISBN 9781466572263
- Co-author of Fitzgerald KN, Hodges R. (2016). Methylation Diet and Lifestyle. (n.p).
- Teaching Assistant, Certified Food and Spirit Practitioner Program, Food and Spirit Advanced Detoxification Module