Romilly Hodges, CNS CKNS CDN IFMCP
Phone: (203) 304-9502
Romilly Hodges, CNS CKNS CDN IFMCP, is a clinical nutritionist and Nutrition Programs Director at Dr. Fitzgerald’s practice, where she founded and now co-manages a nutrition residency program for CNS candidates. As well as being a clinician, Romilly has written for peer-reviewed publication, book contributions and many online articles. She has also contributed to professional training courses and designed the study diet for the first-of-its-kind epigenetic diet study run through the National University of Natural Medicine. She currently serves on the Board of the Accreditation Council for Nutrition Professional Education.
Personalized nutrition, lifestyle and envirnomental interventions are the most powerful ways to address the large and growing burden of chronic disease. Making healthful changes in these areas can directly impact your metabolism, immune function, brain health, and more.
- Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS)
- Certified Ketogenic Nutrition Specialist (CKNS)
- Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist by the State of Connecticut (CDN)
- Institute for Functional Medicine Certified Practitioner (IFMCP)
- Master of Science in Functional Nutrition from the University of Bridgeport, CT
- Nutrition Programs Director, Kara Fitzgerald Functional Medicine, Sandy Hook, CT
- Board Member for the Accreditation Council for Nutrition Professional Education (ACNPE)
- ANA-approved supervisor for CNS candidates seeking experience hours
- Researcher, including study diet design, for the clinical trial Methylation Diet & Lifestyle (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT03472820)
- Content and Product Management for Dr. Fitzgerald’s Professional Education Programs
- Teaching Assistant, Certified Food and Spirit Practitioner Program and Food and Spirit Advanced Detoxification Module with Dr. Deanna Minich PhD
- Co-author, Fitzgerald et al. (2021). Potential reversal of epigenetic age using a diet and lifestyle intervention: a pilot randomized clinical trial. Aging https://doi.org/10.18632/aging.202913
- Lead author and researcher for Hodges, R. & Minich, D. Modulation of Metabolic Detoxification Pathways Using Food and Food-Derived Components: A Scientific Review with Clinical Application. Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism. June 2015
- Contributing author to Walker, A. (ed.). 2020. Case Studies in Personalized Nutrition. ISBN 9781848193949
- Contributing author to Sinatra, S. & Houston, M. (eds). 2015. Nutritional and Integrative Strategies in Cardiovascular Medicine. ISBN 9781466572263
- Co-author of Fitzgerald KN, Hodges R. (2016). Methylation Diet and Lifestyle. (n.p).
- Contributing author to the American Nutrition Association Foundational Ketogenic Nutrition and Certified Ketogenic Nutrition Specialist courses
- Several articles published on www.ifm.org, www.drkarafitzgerald.com, www.mindbodygreen.com, and others
- Wall Street Journal What to Know Before Resolving to Eat Less Meat January 2020 (interview)