Tomato Cauliflower Rice
If you’re dairy-free or egg-free, you’re going to love this. This is a versatile, creamy-smooth dressing that suits many applications. Use it as is instead of mayo (in fact, we like to call it “nayo”), or add more liquid for a creamy dressing. You can also dress this up with herbs, or add it into dips, soups or casseroles to create dairy-free lusciousness!
- 1 Cup Cashews Or macadamia nuts
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Onion powder
- 1/4 Tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- Soak cashews in water for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place cashews, with their soaking liquid, and remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and process on high for about 5 minutes. You may need to scrape the sides down intermittently. It’s done when the mixture is completely smooth and no longer tastes grainy.
- You can add more liquid if you’d like the dressing thinner.
- There are so many options for expanding on this – blend in herbs for a creamy herb dressing, or blend in a “meatier” vegetable such as cooked artichoke, broccoli or zucchini for a tasty dip. You can also stir 1-2 tbsp into soups or casseroles to give a creamy texture.