Jill Sheppard Davenport, MS, MPP, CNS, NBC-HWC, LN, LDN is a Certified Nutrition Specialist, National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach and meditation instructor. Her heart-centered, science-oriented approach empowers clients to understand the root causes of their symptoms, so they can become the best version of themselves.
She is experienced at developing and implementing customized dietary and lifestyle approaches for those experiencing depression, anxiety, and/or gastrointestinal, hormonal, metabolic, immune, and thyroid imbalances.
Jill Sheppard Davenport is experienced at developing and implementing customized dietary and lifestyle approaches for those experiencing depression, anxiety, and/or gastrointestinal, hormonal, metabolic, immune, and thyroid imbalances. Having overcome many of these issues herself, she understands the ups and downs of a healing journey, and enjoys working with individuals and families to enact practical, powerful wellness plans.
Jill earned a Master of Science in Nutrition and Integrative Health and has received training in functional medicine from the Institute for Functional Medicine. She completed advanced training in nutrition for mental health, medical herbalism, nutritional genomics, mindfulness meditation and suicide prevention. She is an integrative health policy consultant and specialist to the Washington DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Previously, Jill directed health policy, advocacy and education initiatives for the nonprofit and government sectors.
In her free time, Jill can be found in a yoga class, juicing fresh vegetables from her garden, or experimenting with gluten-and-dairy free cooking with her husband.
List of Achievements
- Certified Nutrition Specialist
- National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach
- Licensed Nutritionist, Washington, DC and Licensed Dietician-Nutritionist, Maryland
- Master of Science from Maryland University of Integrative Health
- Master of Public Policy from Harvard Kennedy School
- Meditation and Mindfulness Instructor training through Heart-Mind Education and Mindful Schools
- Certified Suicide Prevention Educator through the QPR Institute
- Curriculum contributor to John F. Kennedy University’s Nutritional Psychology Certificate Program