Zucchini is very easy to digest once it’s cooked to soft. We love this recipe for the combination of sesame oil, spices and lemon which really add another dimension. Be sure to choose toasted sesame oil since the flavor profile is completely different to plain sesame oil.
Adapted from Sibo Diet Recipes
This recipe is part of our series of holiday dishes that are compatible with low carbohydrate, SIBO-friendly (lower FODMAPs), and Elimination Diets. Armed with these delectable, satisfying and healthy versions of the holiday staples you know and love, you’ll be ready to entertain and feast, no matter your (or your guests’) dietary requirements!
|Sesame Cumin Zucchini Bites|
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and then half again lengthwise. Cut one last time into ½ inch slices width wise so they become nice bite sized pieces
- Heat skillet to med/high heat and let it get good and hot
- Add oil and then add zucchini pieces. Add all spices and salt mixing them in.
- Let zucchini brown on the one side then flip and let brown on the other side.
- Let the zucchini get nice and soft and browned. Squeeze the lemon overtop and let it soak in.
- Remove from skillet and enjoy!